Our menus display four categories and encourage families to select items from each. The categories are listed below. We’ve included a few ideas under each category to help you get started.
|Mains (aim for 10-12 items)|
|Snacks & Desserts (3-5 items)|
|Fruit & Vegetables (4-6 items)|
|Drinks (1-4 items, including water)|
• A menu that provides a few options in each of the categories will look really
appealing. We’ve suggested a number of items to aim for against each
• Hot, cold and seasonal items keep things interesting and increases purchasing.
• Remember to include simple options (for the younger and fussier eaters), as
well as more sophisticated ones.
• Teachers love to order lunch too. Consider whether you would like to offer a
teachers’ menu or if you will combine everything into one. Teachers may like
salads or more sophisticated toppings, and other items that are not available
• Remember to include Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian and Vegan options if
• Ingredients will need to be listed for those meals where it is not obvious,
Suggestions & Ideas
Take a look at our sample menu for ideas and inspiration.
Read the Nutrition Guidelines – this includes an ideas section
Have a look at our Menu Category suggestions.
Talk to us! We would love to discuss your menu ideas with you.